What is a
“A wellbeing mindset refers to the whole of attitudes, beliefs, and values of a person or group of people that fosters wellbeing. This may be the wellbeing of a person, group of people, the whole of humanity, other sentient beings such as animals, and/or planet Earth.”
Why is a
wellbeing mindset important?
Mindsets matter. Here’s why
- Mindsets play an important role in human development at the individual, collective, and global level.
- Sustainable transformation, for people or the world, happens from the inside out.
- Solutions need to be co-created which requires a mindset shift of development practitioners themselves.
- Current development approaches are too materialistic; therefore, they need to move beyond overly focusing on GDP and economic development.
- A new holistic development paradigm should include inner, collective, and planetary wellbeing.
- We have a choice, we can change our mindset and therefore our life’s direction and experiences; collectively this means that through changing our mindsets, thinking and actions we do change the course of humanity.
How does one cultivate a wellbeing mindset personally and
within our organizations?
Mindsets can be shifted by increasing awareness, fostering self-reflection and self-responsibility. Using the pneumonic acronym MANTRA can be helpful in cultivating a wellbeing mindset.
- Mindfulness Practice
- Awareness expanding
- Think Positive
- Real you
Explore the Concept
Center for Bhutan Studies
Yunus' Social Business Days
Explore Related Ideas
- Wikipedia: Wellbeing Mindset
- United Nations | United Nations Sustainability Goals
- United Nations | United Nations Development Programme Human Development Report
- Center for Bhutan Studies | Bhutan’s Gross National Happiness
- Carol Dweck | Growth Mindset
- Donna Meadows | Leverage Points: Places to Intervene in a System International Humanistic Management Association
- Kate Raworth | Doughnut Economics
- Otto Scharmer | Theory U-Learning from the future as it emerges | Wellbeing Economy Alliance
- Email: email@example.com
- Youtube: Juergen, N.
- Twitter: @wellmindset
- LinkedIn: Jürgen Nagler
About Jürgen Nagler
For over 20 years, Jürgen has been researching the key role of mindsets for individual, collective and global development and wellbeing. He brings a unique blend of 25 years’ experiences from the private sector, civil society and the United Nations. Jürgen began his career working for Germany’s biggest company. However, a life-threatening motorbike accident in 1997 transformed his perspective, and set him on a new life path. This began a quest for meaning and he began to travel. To date, Jürgen has worked on 5 continents, travelled over 50 countries and been inspired by the universal wisdom from different spiritual traditions around the world.